Ralph Lauren has famously commented “Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly, style is forever”. Many people feel that being stylish and classy is not important for them anymore as they age. Men and women believe that they should dress modestly choosing dark, dull colors. They opt for being invisible and style is simply thrown out of the window.
What we do not get is style is not just branded wear or expensive tags. It is not a leather jacket or high heeled shoes. Not it is a low cut black dress. Style is attainable at any age and at any cost. It is what you know about yourself and how you choose things. Unfortunately, most seniors tend to ignore this very important point. They just look at things displayed in a shop’s window or on someone’s body and select it for themselves which can sometimes result in disastrous consequences. Here are some important fashion tips for seniors when they hit the age of fifty.
- A frail, weak body can never be stylish so your body and mind’s health are important at all ages. Therefore, it is pertinent to take care of yourself first. A healthy diet and exercise should be part of your daily regimen. Staying stress-free is another dimension of your health. You should eliminate unwanted stress from your life. To take one step forward, look into Medicare Supplement Insurance if you want additional coverage in term of your medical expenses. Get a quote at https://www.medisupps.com/When you are free from unwanted stress, your skin will have a glow that no makeup can match.
- All stylish people have one thing in common. They are all confident in whatever they wear. Their style is not copied yet through their own reflections, they have achieved their personal style. Being stylish does not mean you choose to mimic younger people’s style. It means to dress with elegance and grace and feeling fresh and confident every time you step out of the house.
- Your clothes should reflect your personality. Generally, your clothes should be properly fitted and be able to hide any imperfections. They should never be super tight. Occasionally, revealing clothes like strapless, halter and shoulder may work but on a daily basis go for comfortable clothes. Do not always go for dull, monotonous colors rather experiment around to see what works for Fabrics like silk, satin, and cashmere look great on everyone. Most importantly, have fun dressing up.
- Remember comfort does not mean ugly. There are plenty of shoes in the market that are stylish yet comfy too. Look for ballets or wedges and even high heeled shoes. If you are worried about shoe-stress, you can use gel insoles in them and still look hot.
- Look for celebrity dressing and take inspiration from Helen Mirren, Diana Keaton, Oprah, and Julianne Moore are all modern and chic stars who have carved a niche for themselves. Plus, not all of their style is unaffordable. Aging gracefully and stylishly is super achievable, you just need to be confident and maintain your personal style.